Thursday, February 2, 2012

One Tough Week

Charlie's dad went home to be with his Heavenly Father on Monday. It has been a long, tough and sad week. Jim was a great man and loved by many. He has been a father to me for the last 8 years. Going to the hospital and the funeral was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

I am sad that my children will never get the opportunity to know their Papa. They are so young and don't understand what is going on. Makes it so much more difficult.

As a wife to a man who lost his dad is tough. I feel like there is nothing I can do to help. I have been a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen, but I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain.

We are still hanging on just knowing that he is no longer suffering and he is with God celebrating. One day the skies will open up and we can join him. I think all who knew Jim thinks that day cant come soon enough. One of these days there will be no more sickness, suffering, tears, or sadness. I can't wait for that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment